View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 19, 2007, 02:54pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsRefJunior
I have attended four of these camps over the past three summers and I will admit that my perspective and opinions about this process have changed as I have gained exerience.

The overall experience for me has been best when I've been assigned with at least one veteran official who is also eager to learn and get better. Since that is the type official I want to always be, it excites me to share experiences, opinions, and the floor with guys who are always seeking new information, techniques, and methods.

I've learned as much or more at camp from my fellow officials and watching guys work games as I have from the actual games I've worked. As a result, I've learned to really enjoy the process and the experience.
Very well stated. Sounds like you have come of age with this process. I too share most of what you just stated. You have to have a reason for attending any camp and that reason should not always be to get picked up. If you approach it to just get better, you will get way more out of it, and you will eventually get picked up. One of the things I enjoy the most about camps is working with an experienced crew.