View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 19, 2007, 12:57pm
Esteemed Participant

Summer League Follies

So my two oldest sons are playing hack-a-ball in a summer league the past few weeks. Had a completely bizarre incident recently...two refs who are basically lower level JV/rec league type officials are working the game together. One of them makes a call in front of the other which quite obviously made the partner mad as he bigs to call things all over the court. Now this isn't great basketball to start with, but it's competitive and fast-paced and they really, really screwed it up...

Anyway, after that game the two officials went outside...my son's team had a game off and then played again after that, so some of them went outside also. Next thing I know, my 15 year old comes running in and tells me that the refs are fighting outside. I run out there (I know them both) in time to see one of them driving away and the other with a lump coming up on his cheek. They did this right in front of players from three different teams...

So the guy who was still there tried to ref the last two games by himself with all that crap on his mind...didn't do a very good job. I offered to ref with him, but the league director said "No" since I had kids on one of the teams...

Sheesh...I e-mailed our assignor and am waiting to hear back from him, but since these weren't assigned by the association, I don't know if there's much he can do...