View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 16, 2007, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman72
Pete,

I know it's not the question you were asking, but i am curious to what happened on the obstruction call because i'm having a tough time picturing obstruction on the catcher when the ball is coming in... (unless it's LL).
Busman i was using that as an example: It could be any "tough" call in which the game ends and a coach wants an explanation

In my original example, Suppose F2 was "camped out' at the plate AND hindered the runner. The throw was not imminent nor did the throw take F2 to where he had to be to field the ball.

At the end of games where R2 is trying to score, F2 will sometimes if not most of the time try and "cheat" and block the base ahead of time to get that little "extra" by causing the runner to slow down.

The main point of my OP was:

If the game does end on a tought call, how long will you entertain questions from the coach or do you simply do as we normally do, drop the baseball and go home.

Another good example is R1/R3 FED rules 1 out. Perfect DP ball and r2 knows he needs to break up the DP and slides illegally into second base in which according to FED we ring up 2 and it's a game ender.

It's a pretty good bet the defensive coach is going to want an explanation

Pete Booth