View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 15, 2007, 09:01am
Official Forum Member

[
Quote:
QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigD
Background: Senior amateur league whose players are aged 17-50+.

Enough said Men's leagues at their best

Quote:
The pitcher bolted from the mound toward the coach and was tackled by his third baseman. Shortly after A got their pitcher to the dugout, he ran back onto the field with a bat, but fortunately, was restrained by several of his teammates. At that point, the president of the league ran onto the field issuing suspensions for both A's pitcher and B's coach. Both served a one game suspension.
I am surprised no one filed charges. You have a player rushing onto the filed with a bat and only a one game suspension. This player should be GONE from the League PERIOD.

Quote:
I still don't believe any of the pitchers were intentionally throwing at the batter, but after the same batter is hit by pitch in 3 consecutive at bats, it seemed like I needed to do something to keep things from exploding. My question: Does it sound like I was heavy handed in issuing a warning to both teams? Also, should both teams have received the warning?
[/QUOTE]

What you have is an out of control league. Above you said ages 17-50 meaning most have to go to work the next day and they are willing to risk possible serious injury (throwing at one another) over a rec game.

The commissioner in this league is soft. You have F1's throwing at batters, a player rushing onto the field with a bat in hand and only 1 game suspensions are being handed out.

It's a disgrace league and one in which I would not umpire.

You have to get Control over the mens leagues. The program I umpire in is UNDER control. There was one dirty player who used to "plow" over F2's (ala the PROS). he was Kicked out of the league.

Pete Booth

Last edited by PeteBooth; Fri Jun 15, 2007 at 10:05am.