View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 13, 2007, 12:55pm
Ch1town

I agree with the clinicians having vastly different personalities. Recently I attended my first ever camp & some clinicians were focused more on campers appearance than the calls they missed, others were more focused on position rather than the quality of calls, some were even focused on the way we ran.

After day 1, I figured out how to be as successful as possible with each clinician. I showed up to my assigned court two games prior to my game & went in on the huddles to see what exactly they were/weren't looking for. Then I made sure I did what was expected of me for that particular clinician.

For the record, 80% of my games were with D1 officials, so when we huddled up guess who received the majority of the criticism???? I just shook my head yes, smiled & uttered the phrases "yes sir, thank you sir & I'll work on it sir" over & over again. It was a very humbling experience to say the least!! I start my second camp tonight & can't wait to hear how everything I learned doesn't apply here