View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 13, 2007, 07:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
So an evaluator gets on you and that is a problem? Welcome to the real world of camps. That happens all the time.
As Rut says this situation is not unique - I made a great call early in a game at camp this year and then blew a bang - bang back court violation a minute later that nobody in the gym but the evaluator and myself realized I missed - all we talked about was that call for ten minutes after the game and why I missed it.
Welcome to camp!

If you want to get better you go to camps to learn - it is just like any other school - you take something away from every class you go to - good or bad -
the original OP when he stops and thinks about it - he may have learned that some day when he is in a similar situation that he didn't like being trated that way so he will not do it to others.

Officiating is life - you learn things in officiating that you can use in your every day life with others and you learn things in life that you can apply to officiating. All of the things you learn will not be fun and joyful experiences - open your mind and find away to take something away from the experience that you can use.