View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2007, 10:36pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryS
Third...I have been ripped at a camp in front of others...it was however a local camp. The evaluator, who didn't know any of us or our experience, dressed us each down for missing rotations and being out of position. It was my second time as part of a 3-official crew...for one of my partners it was his 4th...the seasoned vet in the crew had a whopping 8 games under his belt. I stood there a took it...but discounted everything he said during our session. He worked a lot of D1...but he was an arse hole and had trouble relating to the campers (or so I was told by two others who "checked up" on us after he was finished). Why was he there...so the camp could advertise they had officials from X conference working as evaluators.
So an evaluator gets on you and that is a problem? Welcome to the real world of camps. That happens all the time. It happened to me last summer and I got over it. He was one guy and he could not understand a mechanic I was using. I stood there, nodded my head and moved on. I did not rip him to other campers and worked my next game. BTW, all the evaluators were D1 officials at this camp.

Also what did the guy do in the OP anyway? He stepped in on a summer game where it is common for coaches and even fans to sometimes approach the camp directors about the officials or situations involving the situation. Not only are situations kind of common for some interaction with an evaluator and a coach, I have seen evaluators have very heated words with coaches. What did this guy do that we would have to complain about? I did not realize these games have the same protocol as a regular season game?

Peace