View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2007, 05:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Not only is there loyalty to their employees, there is also a huge myth that "The customer is always right." Depending on the field customers are not accommodated when customer’s requests are reasonable. I have been a manager over a corporate store and I can tell you it was quite often that we would dismiss the needs or wants of a customer. Also a camp is not a corporate endeavor. Officials go to camps to get a chance at a bigger opportunity. If you do not like a clinician, there will be someone waiting in the wings to take your spot. Keep that in mind.

Well unless most of us do not take the money, we do it for the money. The money might not be the thing that helps us to live our day to day lives, but even if the money pays for our gas, we are doing it for some reason associated with money. I also get your point; I just have not found anyone that just gives the money away to someone other than their family when they get the money for working games.

Peace
sigh i always forget all comments here are taken in a vacuum.

who mentioned firing the guy? at least you bring it to the directors attention--he chooses whether to act on it -- lets say you are the only one he might not do anything except mention is passing or if there are 2 or 3 others who complain as well he might want to have a talk with said person.

however one thing i failed to remember was that officiating and moving up is more political than business probably 90% politcial if not 100%. i see many decisions made because someone doesnt want to offend or hurt the other persons feelings or because of their relationship rather than making a decision that would maximize efficiency and output.

so in that i should have thought this out and said _ who gives a frack as the "business" of officiating is in its bubble. I act professionally on a court and I expect all other officials and those involved in our process and game to act accordingly. coaches/players get T'd up when they dont and fellow officials, even the bosses, will be confronted when needed. So far I have only had 1 experience with a location and its admin and I do not work games for them or at that location. It was my choice and its one that I am fine with. and this was an easy $40 for about an hour of work 5 minutes away from where I live. I value my experience in any situation more than the monetary gain or loss associated with said experience. I will work a very competitive tourney for half the normal rate because the games will be much more enjoyable to me. After all part of being an official is having the best seats in the house.