View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2007, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryS
Maybe I am a fool...but aren't many of these camps a business. If I owned a business and an employee (clinician/evaluator) was hissing off my customers (campers) to the point that they were going to vote with their feet and wallets (not give me thier future business) I would want to know. I was taught early on that a happy customer may tell 10 people about their experience...if you are lucky. An unhappy customer will tell everyone they see.

As was mentioned above, it is highly unlikely that someone only angered one person...they are probably a repeat offender. Besides, why would I want to work for someone who makes it a practice to hire bu## heads and discriminate against those that complain and are offended by said BH?
I don't know what you do in real life but if a customer complained to your boss about you would you be surprised if he fired you on the spot? There is such a thing as loyalty to your employees (btw in many of these camp situations the "employees" are unpaid volunteers, but that's another story).
Quote:

I might have a different perspective if I was trying to work my way to the NBA...but I have a real job that supports my family comfortably. Even if I get the chance to work college some day it will still only be a hobby. If it is more than that to you...you probably should bite your tongue and take the abuse from unprofessional clinicians.
Well, to some of us it is more than a hobby, and that does not mean we have trouble supporting our families even to your lofty standards. Believe it or not you can have passion for and dedication to an avocation even though the little bit of extra money is not what keeps your kids from starving. Hard to believe, eh? Some of us aint in it for the money.

But if you're this thin-skinned around the 'unprofessional' types you certainly shouldn't be putting yourself in the position where you're exposed to passionate and dedicated coaches and players and biting your tongue is sometimes the best course. So it's win-win all around for you and them I guess.