Thread: Nerves Question
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2007, 04:01pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgolf
Sorry, this is the phrase that led me to say "unproven". Maybe there's a better way of saying it, but that's what popped into my head as a non-derogatory way of saying rookie. No offense against you intended.

Just surprised that AYBT operates that way. I haven't run into any of their tournaments up my way. Most tournaments in the NYC area only hire people they've had the year before or Varsity officials they've seen during regular season games.

I hope you did well and hope whatever moments of nervousness you had were fleeting.
AYBT is really the same as AAU but with a different name. The people that run the tournaments are usually coaches, officials or some guy that runs the tournament. They want to fill games, not hire the best officials available. Now they might have wishes to work the best officials around, but it is not like everyone is around to work the games if you want them to. Also this is summer basketball, one of the last things people worry about are the officials. You should know that already.

Peace