View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2007, 03:10pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
why are we so scared to voice our negative opinions to "higher ups" -- but anonymously its ok. george carlin said it best that the US is just "pu__ifying itself" -- if you really are "concerned" that this guy will look at you negatively because you expressed what you thought was an innapropriate action then do you really maybe want to work for this guy?
When you go to a job interview do you criticize the person running your interview about their outfit or bad breathe? Of course you do not. If you are at a camp I am going to assume that most of us are there to have people that have influence over our careers and what games we may or may not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
dont answer that because i know from personal experience that most officials will take whatever work they can get and move up and hate the situation and who they work for but kiss a$$ like none other. Instead to b!tching behind their back bring your concerns to them. What they do is out of your control but I know I will sleep better even if I am not working games for said person because he cannot seperate business from personal.
Camps are job interviews. Even if you are trying to learn, the camp directors use these as ways to hire people and to see who can do the job as you move up the ranks. If you are always b!t@ching about something, someone is going to make a judgment about you that you might not like. Also most people paid money to go to any camp and put in their time they could have used elsewhere. So if you do not care about the consequences then say whatever you feel. But I sure am not going to give them ammo to take away an opportunity. It is not about losing sleep at all. If you do not want to get anything out of the camp, stay at home. It is your money and your time.

Peace