View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2007, 01:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Hmmm...

I suppose that depends on who the director is and what the relationship is. I see your point, though. The camps I go to aren't as high a level as the ones you go to, and generally there is a personal relationship between everyone in the camp, and that relationship continues outside of camp. This kind of abuse would be a huge knife in that setting, and the director would want to know about it asap.

I've been to a couple of camps where I suppose that wouldn't be the case and what you're saying makes more sense. But I couldn't handle the abuse and I have chosen not to work up to that level.

So refprof, you'd better take what I say with a grain of salt. It's going to depend on the situation how you approach coping with this kind of abuse.
I also agree with Dan on this. I would not say anything to the tournament director about any clinician unless I was approached personally. Even then I would be very guarded. You are at a camp to learn, not to tell on the clinicians. Now if you are asked in a survey about the camp and it is anonymous then that might be OK. The bottom line is the tournament director hired the people for a reason. If you are at a camp to learn and people are making decisions about you based on the camp, I would stay away from that kind of interaction. Even if you do not like it I feel it would not be right to complain. Work your games, listen to the clinician and move on.

Peace