View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2007, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
Yes, a more experienced official may notice what's going on and may address it, but that's no guarantee that a fight still won't break out. If it did, then you would never see a fight in a major conference D-I or NBA game.
I agree there are no guarantee's I am speaking in Generalities- but it is better to be pro-active than re-active.

Quote:
With all due respect to this NBA official, that's total bull. Unless I throw a punch, I'm not at fault for a fight, EVEN IF the warning signs are crystal clear and I ignore them.
I think the statement is meant to mean that as LrPalmer said again in generalities - there was probably something you could have done better to prevent it.

Quote:
They SHOULD be looking at how my crew handled the fight. If my crew does that well, but the conference wants to fire us because a fight happened, I'd willingly resign.
I am sure they are looking at that also - I do not think anyone is looking to fire you - they will however try to see if there was something you might have been able to do better and bring it to your attention.

There will always be the punches thrown because somebody said "Yo MAMA wears army boots" or a hard foul that truely came out of nowhere.
but In my experience in most instances of fighting or even some cases of almost fights might have been prevented had the officials dealt with things earlier in the game.