View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2007, 11:08am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Wow.

If you value your relationship with this director then I would suggest you not do this.

If you must just tell him you don't get along well with that observer and ask to not have him on your games. He may or may not be able to accomodate you. Don't make a big deal of it.

Of course, if you don't care then it doesn't matter what you say or do. But I suspect you do care or you wouldn't have come here to discuss.
Hmmm...

I suppose that depends on who the director is and what the relationship is. I see your point, though. The camps I go to aren't as high a level as the ones you go to, and generally there is a personal relationship between everyone in the camp, and that relationship continues outside of camp. This kind of abuse would be a huge knife in that setting, and the director would want to know about it asap.

I've been to a couple of camps where I suppose that wouldn't be the case and what you're saying makes more sense. But I couldn't handle the abuse and I have chosen not to work up to that level.

So refprof, you'd better take what I say with a grain of salt. It's going to depend on the situation how you approach coping with this kind of abuse.