View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 11, 2007, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
I like to think that I have an open mind. If IAABO is doing something better in the training end that the FED is currently doing, as you claim, then I'm certainly not against looking at and evaluating what they're doing. The problem is that no one to date in this thread has been able to tell me exactly what IAABO is doing better or how they are doing their training better, other than a computer program that Skippy mentioned.
Better is subjective. The IAABO manual is in full color, with clear, easy-to-see diagrams of court coverage, primary areas, foul reporting, etc. The graphics come from ecourt, which is a DVD software tool that IAABO sells. The organization and typography is clearer and easier to read.

These are subjective judgments. I find it easier to read, easier to find a point, easier to review, easier to use to teach others. I don't think that the specific points covered are different .. although I find that the wording is simpler in the IAABO book. It uses bullet lists while the Fed uses paragraphs and lists.

Bottom line is that these are books -- not video tapes or live training. Anyone who learns mechanics only from a book is not going to be a very good official.