View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 11, 2007, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by refprof
We were working on 3 person officiating and my crew (I was acting as Referee as I was the most experienced) worked the second half of a closely competitive game (high school varsity).
Did you work just the Second half of this game?
If So did you observe the first half?

Were there signs in the first half of this conduct - Obviously there were signs that it was getting rougher - what could you have done to prevent this before it happened?

Were there any communications or oportunities to communicate with players - coaches that might have helped to aleiviate this from boiling over. Sometimes it just happens.
But as someone said pior to me (rainmaker) see if there is tape you can watch and critique your crews performance, honestly and see if there is something you can learn from it.
Doesn't sound like the observer was all that professional -
However I also suggest never getting inbetween players if it looks like it is escilating beyond the shouting stage. NEVER EVER GRAB them if one gets hit while you are holding them you are going to have a big problem. push them a part or stay out of the way, Take names, Take number and Issue penalties if it has gotten that far that is all you can do!