View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 08, 2007, 12:08pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor64
That's not true at all about working pro and college. You can do both and many do. For example, Brian Forte, son of NBA ref Joe Forte, refs in the SEC and refereed the finals in The NBA D-League Playoffs. That is just one of many who do that. Don't think that will be the case at Coast to Coast. Yes you will do NBA switches and if you choose to you can work without a lanyard and report with 2 hands, but those things don't mean anything compared to the quality instruction that you will get there. Cause at the end of the day those guys want you to do one thing and that is get plays right. Period.
I disagree. I don't think there's many out there that's doing NBA ball that is doubling back working upper level college men's basketball. College assigners don't particularly care about some of the philosophy's of the NBA teachings. It can also get you in trouble mechanic wise and those guys trying out for college that have NBA mechanics, stands out like a sore thumb in camps. I will agree the camp focuses on getting plays right, but that's NBA right and there's a big difference between NBA right and NCAA right. Bottom line, if you have aspirations to be an NCAA Men's official, stay the hell away from an NBA camp. That is not money well spent, imho.