View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DrakeM
If my memory serves me, the chuck/impede you are talking about was STILL away from the play, which in that circumstance would call for an intentional foul as well.
I think the officials were giving Georgia a chance to foul
legitimately, but in abscence of a legit foul, had no other choice but to call the intentional.
Especially when another Georgia player POINTS IT OUT to the
official!
What Drake is saying as paraphrased by you, Tony is not at all what Drake said in this post which is what I tried to make a minor point about, not start WWIII about the call in the Georgia game. The call was an absolute great call, though pretty cut and dried and I believe most of us would have made the same call. I do not, however, think you can blanket all calls away from the ball as intentional. That is what I believe Drake implied in this post. I do not think that is exactly what he meant and expected him to say as much. I will grant you that grabbing a player off ball in order to have a foul called to stop the clock is obviously intentional and should be called as such. That does not mean that all contact away from the ball is either intentional or incidental whether during the last seconds of the game or the first, that was my point.