Thread: Block/Charge?
View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 07, 2007, 10:12am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Easy call.

Charge.

But's let's break this down...why did the L on the other side of the court take this call?

And am I the only one who can see the wheels spinning as he's walking to the table? Someone should have given him a coin to toss before reporting the foul.
The reason the new L took the call is because in a 2-person system, he had the best angle. The new Trail has no chance of getting that call right from where's he must come from.

No doubt he was thinking about what he was going to call, and I think he reason correctly. Not being right on top of the play, they had to have something on this play. Calling it on the defense was the safe call to make.

Now, you go and call offense, next thing you know, you got guys running up underneath each other the rest of the game. I'm not trying to find the needle in the haystack. We're going to keep it simple. Also, the defender should have gone for the steal of the ball instead of trying to draw the tough call from the official. Odds or not in the players favor to get the correct call here, but the way the offensive player turned and stepped, chances where better of stealing the ball here.