View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 06, 2007, 05:03pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor64
In the pro game, it is a guideline, meaning that this is how it will be called, and if you don't call it like this you didn't get the play right.
Any relationship between the pro whack, hack, hold, travel and knock people into the 3rd row crap and real basketball is purely coincidental. The NBA officiating guidelines are set for entertainment reasons only. I've been officiating basketball for one helluva long time, and I can't tell you what a foul IS in the NBA. Anybody who can try to say that contact is called consistently in the NBA is simply full of doodoo imo. They might actually have some guidelines but I've never been able to figure them out. They're consistently inconsistent imo. And as for rules like traveling or palming, I'd like to know what the NBA guidelines for those are. They sureashell don't call them by their own rules.

The NBA.....unwatchable, except by the people who also think Pro Wrasslin' is real.

There might be dumber things that an official could do than try to use pro philosophies in the high school or college game, but I can't think of any off-hand.