Thread: Assistance
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 05, 2007, 12:18pm
Ch1town

Assistance

These wierdo plays seem to happen mainly in wreck games? Help me out with these please.

1. B1 slaps the ball away from the dribbler A1 in the frontcourt near the sideline. B1 jumps out of bounds tips the ball back onto the court & is the first to touch after establishing in bound status… violation or not? We had violation.

2. On the jump ball to start the game A5 gently taps once, the ball drops straight down, B1 (non-jumper) reaches into the circle & gains control… violation or not? My partner (chopping) had violation.

3. A5 goes for an offensive rebound but contacts B5 from behind in the process. Ruling: "push" or over-the-back as the fans like to say so we go the other way on the endline. The in-bounds pass goes out of bounds untouched on the sideline past half court. Before we administer the throw-in (on the same endline) the table says that A5s foul was the 7th team.
a. Is that correctable?
b. Do we shoot 1 & 1 even though the team just threw the ball away??
c. Would the lane be cleared & Team A in bounding on the same endline
where Team B turned it over?
My partner ruled that we will shoot 1 & 1 with players on the lane.

I had 7 very competitive Varsity ballgames at Vernes camp last week end & not one single wierdo play, I had four mens comp games @ DU last nite (one forfeit) and I get all this.