Thread: NCAA Mechanics?
View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 03, 2007, 08:56pm
Official Forum Member

NCAA Mechanics?

In 6th inning (Arizona-Washington), noticed a lack of rotation by the crew on a base hit to RF w/ runner on 1B.

When the ball was returned to the infield, BU1 was almost in the path of rounding BR, BU3 was 1b-2b line extended as the throw bounced across the infield toward 3b. Don't know if PU moved up to 3B, but with both BUs on the outside, Lori Bish had 3b & plate to herself with no possible help if the ball got away from the defense.

If this is a practiced mechanic, I cannot say I'm much of a fan of it. In one of the earlier games today, I saw the PU sprinting toward 3B to cover a possible play, checking back over her shoulder as if looking for help, but didn't think much of it until I saw this play.

Until today, it haven't seen anything that drew my attention as far as mechanics from the regionals forward.

BTW, this year there seems to have been much better luck/vision/sight for the PUs as it involves batted balls/hit batters around the plate unlike last year.