View Single Post
Old Thu May 31, 2007, 03:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
The Brewers are 12-15 since May 1 and have actually extended their division lead by a game and a half. The Astros have lost 10 straight and are still a game ahead of the Reds, who were at .500 on May 1 (13-13) and are now 21-33. I guess you're right about the LOL; not a strong division.

Did anybody else think A-Rod's baserunning tactic was a little bush last night?
Haven't seen good video of exactly what happened, but A-Rod has a bit of a history of going bush league. (See: 2004 ALCS)

Question for the baseball umps around here - assuming he did shout "I got it" or something similarly specific to baseball, would there be any grounds for penalizing the runner? It doesn't seem to fall under any of the 7.09 definitions of interference, but is there some other rule (other than 9.01(c) ) that would cover this? Maybe Rule 2's definition of interference?

Quote:
Offensive interference is an act by the team at bat which interferes with, obstructs, impedes, hinders or confuses any fielder attempting to make a play.
(Emphasis mine)