View Single Post
Old Wed May 30, 2007, 08:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi
I really don't know your sources, but I would venture to say that they, and you, are sadly misinformed. USSSA FP has really grown over the past half dozen years or so, and its rules are very closely in line with those of NFHS. Around here, some of the most competetive teams are playing USSSA tournaments. It resembles nothing like "a circus." Oh, and not all umpires include the groups they work in their signatures. Some just place them in their profiles.
Actually, the sources to which I was referring were referring to SP, and by all accounts, they're accurate. This is a FP thread, and my only reason for bringing up USSSA was that just because one rule book in particular decides to bend rules doesn't mean it's for the best.

I'll fall back to a statement I made a number of threads ago - players will rise to the level of (reasonable) expectations. Two feet on the PP does not sound unreasonable to me, and pitchers have been doing it (and doing it well) for years.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.