View Single Post
Old Tue May 29, 2007, 10:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem
HA! What a bunch of schmucks.

Thanks.

I should have researched NCAA ruleset on my own. (I dont work NCAA ball)

This thread stems from a convo a bunch of umps were having and the alleged NCAA guys stated exactly the opposite and convinced me ASA was wrong. In fact they were stating leagues i've barely heard of (utrip (sic??) for one) and everyone switching, leaving ASA behind.

If its only NFHS, then ASA is correct.

Thanks steve.
I try not to compare things to USSSA anymore. When I used to call U-trip 12? years ago (back when it was still United States Slo-Pitch Softball Association), it used to be very similar to ASA. The wording was different in the rules, but the effects of the rules were relatively identical with some minor exceptions. Now that they've expanded to cover just about every sport short of curling, they've also let a lot of things go in their softball rules. From all reports I've heard, it looks more like a circus act than a ball game.

In my humble opinion, if you hear someone starting to compare USSSA to ASA, take it with a grain of salt.

Sorry if this bugs any USSSA umps out there (though I haven't seen that alphabet soup in anyone's signature here as of yet), but that's just what I'm hearing both from other umps, players and coaches.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.