View Single Post
Old Tue May 29, 2007, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Blue
OK...(geesh )

So I'm not VERBALIZING anything......until it's NECESSARY (but you already knew that, ......right?).

Explain which part you didn't really understand. Or......if my arm's up......(and by your own admission)....haven't I made the call (albeit non-verbally)?

Sometimes I think some of you understand FULLY what the poster is trying to say......but would rather pick nits.
Didn't mean to be picking nits, really. For me, it was this: "I'm LIKELY to DISREGARD the contact.....unless I have OBS" that bothered me. "unless you have OBS" --- it IS obstruction. A newbie reading what you posted might misunderstand the rule based on what you said there. I would hope that ANY new umpire would not "disregard the contact" on a play like this. It may turn out to be nothing to verbalize or award ... but I hope no one actually disregards it. Again - not picking nits.