View Single Post
Old Sun May 27, 2007, 11:32pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
Scary Moment... and a Rat

Kid squares to bunt fully around, and gets drilled directly in the chest. I thought it hit right on his heart and was pretty much ready to get on my knees immediately and start CPR.

Kid just shook it off and jogged immediately to first, and the Rat defensive coach started whining about how the player didn't pull the bat back. I walked a ball out to the mound slowly to give the kid some time, slowly walked back and brushed off the plate, still hearing it from the manager. Exchange was something like this.

Coach: (repeatedly) That should be a strike. He never pulled the bat back. Blah blah blah blah. I'm a rat. I smell. Blah.

Me: Coach, he did not make a strike at the ball. There was no attempt to hit the ball, he gets first base. (now putting my mask on and walking behind the plate.

Coach: That should be a strike

Me: (taking mask off and now taking a couple steps towards the dugout and giving him the stop sign). Do you want to argue balls and strikes?

Coach: I'm argueing your interpretation of the rule.

Me: There's no interpretation, that's the rule. Now lets play (and ignored everything else and put the ball back into play).

Didn't hear anything more after I put the ball back into play.

Thoughts on how I handled this?