View Single Post
Old Sun May 27, 2007, 05:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
This is the scenario I was describing, not someone jogging casually with the ball long after the catch was made. Sorry I didn't draw a friggin diagram to indicate this, so the slower people could keep up. I thought it was self-explanatory. I should know better on this forum, where every i must be dotted and every t crossed.

You have agreed with me on many things before. I agree with most of what you write. Not as different as you think.

Why would I mean anything other than a continuous action during a play? It is just disturbing that anyone would think differently.
If any of us could read minds we wouldn't have time to spend on this forum for raking in the cash with other endeavors. Your example was poorly worded because you did not say what you meant. Your example: "If the player ran 20 feet with the ball, tripped and fell, and the ball falls out of his glove, it's "No Catch." He must show a voluntary release to be counted as a "Catch.". What are we supposed to think you meant? Your position was clear.

Garth presents one example of running 20 feet that I think most of us would rule NO CATCH, and the other I think most would rule CATCH because he had control of his body, until he tripped on his own feet, which had nothing to do with the catch, and he held it LONG ENOUGH.