View Single Post
Old Fri May 25, 2007, 10:01pm
Official Forum Member

Does your association...

assign you to games that you really aren't trained to umpire? I finished my high school season two weeks last week, and I've had three Little League games since then. In the Arbiter, it only shows the game as being either an 8-12 FP game or a 13-18 FP game, so I don't even know what ruleset the game is going to follow until I talk to the coaches.

The problem is, I am just an ASA and NFHS umpire. I don't even have a Little League rulebook. Last year I had just a few LL games, and before my first one I asked the question here regarding rule differences and printed the responses out and read them last year and again reviewed them this year.

All my partners last year and this year don't seem too concerned with not knowing LL rules, but today I got bit by not knowing LL pitching rules (which I will post in a separate thread). It doesn't help when even the coaches don't know what rules they follow. Most of them have never heard of ASA, and they usually inform me that they "mostly" follow high school rules. Tonight I finally dragged out of one of the coaches that they were a LL team, but then he still insisted that they followed high school rules.