View Single Post
Old Fri May 25, 2007, 09:02pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Thanks for sharing that story. After a couple weeks, nobody remembers who won the game, but moments like that you will always remember. It's really cool that you were able to talk to her about it later.

Like the time I was base-coach at third, good hitter up. I wanted the runner at 1st to steal 2nd on the 1st pitch so I gave a "take" sign and a "steal" sign. (For some reason, I did that a lot that year. I hated-force outs at 2nd base. And it always seemed to work out.) Well a fat pitch came in and she hit it about a mile. As she rounded 3rd, she looked a lttle guilty. After the inning ended, she came up and apologized for swinging at it, "But it was so good, I just could stop myself!" She actually felt sort of bad about it. I laughed. I couldn't help it. For some reason, I'll always remember that. This happened about 10 years ago. She's about 25 years old now. If I ever see her again, I'm going to ask her if she still remembers it.

I really enjoy baseball/softball stories. After all, it's a game. We need to enjoy the really cool moments.