View Single Post
Old Fri May 25, 2007, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT THE REF
Ok everyone... Yes I am fairly new at this.. First "real" year of varsity (10 games), second carded year and seventh year overall. Never had real official training but did attend Evans Fl Classic this past year. Learned a great amount and tried to use it here. I know I gave too many warnings..

A few clarifications:
1) It was not a playoff game. This was a make up game that really didnt mean anything
2) My assigner just called me to discuss the matter. He told me what hot water I could be in and I will have to live with that.
3) He also told me that this is not the Major leagues, Minors or professional baseball. That I need to learn somethings about HIGH SCHOOL game management that are not the professional game. (Like ignore the kid throwing the bat)

Thank you for your comments and again I know that I should have written him up and the whole nine yards but my partner really threw me a loop during this one.

-- Pat
Pat what kind of umpire association do you work for?

First and foremost the association should "have your back"

Garth said it best

What kind of partner was this?

If memory serves this is the second thread in which you had problems.

The PU is the one who should have tossed this kid to begin with but he did nothing. It sounds like the umpires in your association let the "inmates run the asylum"

Also, you said a coach "touched you" That should be reported in a heartbeat.
Something sounds terribly wrong with your association as told by you anyway.

Pete Booth