View Single Post
Old Fri May 25, 2007, 11:09am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Actually John I am going to have to disagree with you. For full disclosure I am a Piston fan as well. But this was not a foul if you look at the replay that was basically floor level. Hamilton put his hand on the ball and there was incidental contact with the arms. If you get the ball first, incidental contact should be after. This is especially the truth when the shooter was not knocked down. I would not call that foul in a middle school game.
I agree. The first time I saw it and afterwards. Hamilton had his hands straight up in the air, which is what we like to see from a defender. Good, good no-call.

The potential flop and throw-off by Wallace later. At first glance, I'm with you RUT, it looked like the defender over-reacted to the push off, in an attempt to get the call, even though Wallace is a big boy, I can't see him pushing another big man, that far, that hard on a move to the bucket. Perhaps a more subtle flop would have gotten him the call.

With all that being said, the first game where Lebron didn't go to the line at all, not one time. That game was very poorly officiated and there was one time, Lebron got crushed and there was no call! Even on the replay it was a foul. Coach should have went ballistic then and picked up a T. By letting that slide, made it worse for his young superstar who is definitely not getting the respect from the officials in this series, imho.