View Single Post
Old Thu May 24, 2007, 10:16am
Official Forum Member

Thank you for the responses..this is what I'm looking for.

That being said, I should probably take a crack at answering the scenarios here before trying to instruct others. so...

4th and 8 for A/K at their 20 yard line. A legally kicks the ball to B/R’s 30 yard line. While the ball is still loose, rolling on the ground, B/R blocks A/K below the waist at B/R’s 35. Before the ball stops rolling, IW. Options for A/K?

Even though an IW during a kick means that we have no option other than to replay the down, we do have to deal with the penalty first. If R chooses to decline the penalty, then we replay the down, no problem. The issue is when R decides to accept this penalty. The question then becomes, is this PSK or not? If we say that the spot of the ball when the IW is blown becomes the spot of the end of the kick, in this case the B-30, and the spot of the foul is in advance of that at the B-35, then we go back 15 from the EOK, B 1/10 @ B-30--Snap.

If we say that this can't be PSK because Team K is technically in team possession of the ball when the down ends due to the IW, then this becomes a previous spot foul and so we tack on 15 to the PS, A 1/10 @ A-35--Snap.

My rulebook is out in the car....is this PSK or not? NF rule reference? (And NCAA if you've got it)