View Single Post
Old Thu May 24, 2007, 09:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp
I had a SP semifinals game where I, indeed, cost them the game. Bottom of the 7th, home team is down by 1 or 2, one out. R1 on 3rd, R2 on 1st. I'm BU.

The batter hits the ball to the shortstop, who easily flips it to the F4 for the force out at 2nd. F4 turns and throws to F3 to go for the double play, but the throw was off and bounces off the fence. R2, who was already out, is about 10' off 2nd base, looking like he's still in the game (best way to describe it was that it looked like he was surfing). F3, confused, throws back to F4. R2 dives back into 2nd.

"DEAD BALL!"

R1, who never advanced from (edited from "left from") 3rd, is now out. By the way, that's 3 outs. Ball game.

Boy did I catch hell for that one. Home team protested, but they lost. For those who want me to cite rules, in ASA, it's 8-7-P. I don't even have my book on me today. That game will never leave me.
I'm confused. You called interference on a non-player (R2) which made R1 out because he was the lead runner. Where was the interference? Seems to me that F3 made a judgement error.