View Single Post
Old Wed May 23, 2007, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

No worries. I cost a team a game last night.

2nd inning, catcher reaches out to catch the ball and the batter hits her glove, apparently striking out for the 3rd out with runners on 2nd and 3rd. I send her to first, visitors fans HATE me, especially after finding out that the bat hurt their catcher's hand. "How can you call that on her, she was clearly hurt." And also, "Where's her warning!!!"

They were down 11-4 in what turned out to be the last inning. 1 out, no one on. Catcher from above, now batter starts to swing, stops, nub of the bat facing the pitcher when the ball hits the bat (PING!!!! - that everyone but visitors fans heard), and bounces up the bat to hit her on the OTHER hand. She starts to go, I keep her in the box and call foul ball. Strikes out on the next pitch.

I get 10 minutes of "You took the bat right out of her hands, blue." "That's a worse call than the other one, blue." "What have you got in for her, blue, she's only 12!" "You may have broken BOTH of her wrists, blue!" And my favorite - "You cost us the game, blue!"

Yes, I scored 13 runs for the other team in your 17-4 loss. Sorry about that. Sorry that I broke her wrists too.