Thread: Lottery Justice
View Single Post
Old Wed May 23, 2007, 03:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
Actually, I think Oden would be a good fit for Portland. I believe Durant is the better player, but he's not someone the Blazers need right now. LaMarcus Aldridge is the same type player and is already here and had a good rookie season...what Portland needs right now is a rebounder and defensive presence in the middle - that would be Oden, not Durant...
From a 1984 post, if the Internet existed back then:

"Actually, I think Bowie would be a good fit for Portland. I believe Jordan is the better player, but he's not someone the Blazers need right now. Clyde Drexler is the same type player and is already here and had a good rookie season...what Portland needs right now is a rebounder and defensive presence in the middle - that would be Bowie, not Jordan..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust
While that is a popular point of view, we can never really know. Injuries are unpredictable and who know what would have happened if the picks were different. Bowie may have had different conditioning and training that may have helped avoided his injuries. Jordan may have become injured and never been the same. You just can't tell in this type of situation.

Bowie was a well respected college player that was expected to be a NBA star. Sure Jordan, by far, ended up the better player. But was Bowie the wrong pick? Only if you can see the future and tell who'll never overcome an injury.
Based on how history played out, we know that Jordan would have been the better pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I know this was a long time ago, but this source says he missed two seasons and I have read and heard that he missed a lot of other time to constant leg injuries. So I am not sure what I said that was not true? Oh well it does not make that much difference to me. I just remember that Bowie had many health problems at Kentucky and it had been said that the Trail Blazers should have known Bowie was a bigger risk. But the Trail Blazers did have Drexler and even without picking Bowie Jordan might not have been a perfect fit.
Bowie played 34 games, 28 games, and 34 games in the three seasons he played. That's 96 games with an average of almost 29 minutes per game. So to say that he missed much of his career is not true.

Face it or not guys, Portland ****ed up.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith

Last edited by BktBallRef; Wed May 23, 2007 at 05:22pm.