Thread: Venting
View Single Post
Old Tue May 22, 2007, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Venting

Situation is a HS district fastpitch tourny, I was selected by the coaches and AD's to do this tourny, this is only my 2nd year of umpimg baseball and fastpitch, I was also selected for the baseball tourney and did the plate for the championship game, my problem is that I have a partner who is a long time fastpitch ump and ASA ump. During our semifinal game, about half way through it, havivg a conversation he say's your an adequate umpire, said in a tone of yea your okay but, he never did tell me anything of why he thought that, it caught me off guard so much I didn't have a come back to him, this game went off with out any issuses and the losing coach even said nice job. I will admit that my strike call in fastpitch is a baseball mechanic strike but no one is confused about what this pitch is with me. Now the baseball tourney, I work with a D-II ump for the 4 games that I do and the championship game with a third, 2 of the most helpful, friendly guy's I ever worked with, absoulutly no ego's and very helpful to still a very green official. I find this more with baseball, but on the fastpitch side of things I find more often than not they are more worried about themselves than helping someone new. I was just happy to be selected and felt I had worked hard at this. Thanks for listening