View Single Post
Old Mon May 21, 2007, 05:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Believe it or not some here even think the MAY is a bad use of language for this mechanic. And believe it or not, someone will not look at this as MAY and might use this as a reason to ding officials over. The point that I have made we did not need this mechanic even as a MAY as apart of the language.

Remember not everyone that uses NF mechanics are 10, 20, and 30 year veterans and will know when to use and when not to use mechanics. There will be some young officials that might do something they read and take it to heart more than someone like me that has been around might know when to pick and choose. Also not all levels are the same. Working a freshman game where 10 people are in the stands are a little different than working a sophomore or varsity game where cheerleaders might more likely be present and the atmosphere is drastically different. I am not concerned about veterans that have been around the game, I am more concern with the newer official that is worried about what they are calling than the many things going on during a timeout which a veteran might do as common place.

Peace