View Single Post
Old Mon May 21, 2007, 03:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
My opinion is that we should decide on one shirt color, and one pants color, both plain with no logos

If a certain sanctioning body then wants umpires to display a logo during games...we switch hats....

As a former basketball official, I know that I could go anywhere in the country with my stripes, black pants, and black shoes and call a game with my matching partner.
I will agree, there should be one and only one uniform, but the sanctioning body which registered you for this game and is providing benefits facilitating your task, has every right to demand they you wear their uniform.

Back when ASA included the navy over heather, all I was hearing from OKC staff was that this was an effort to help the HS & college umpires who had to buy additional uniforms for those games.

Well, I don't know about anywhere else, but HS games & college games pay 2-3 times what ASA pays per game. Seems to me, those working more than one association should be able to afford the extra uniforms. Instead, IMO, ASA is placing an undue burden on those umpire who exclusively work that association's games should they be assigned to a national in an area where powder over navy is not prevelant.