View Single Post
Old Fri May 18, 2007, 02:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdShot
Right! The NBA "black and white" definition of "altercation"....
the one not found in any dictionary in the world nor in the NBA
rulebook. Got it now. IOW, whatever will be will be.

BTW, another Bowen "accident":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26SPv...elated&search=
If I remember correctly you are not a basketball official right? That might be why you are having such a hard time understanding this concept. Even other individuals understand that concept I presented. And M&M eloquently put it into context about who the Commissioner works for and how they interpret this rule and how we interpret rules.

If you were, you would know that a simply word in basketball called a "try" is not found in the rulebook the same way it is under an actual dictionary. I just looked up the word "try" on a couple of online dictionaries and there was no reference to the basketball meaning or definition. I am sure the NBA is not concerned with the fact you cannot grasp how their rules are written. They did what they wanted to just like any league can. I do not like the policies of MLB, but it is what it is. So if you do not like the rule, get over it. The Suns were short in game 5 and they lost the game. They might just lose the series. The playoffs are about handling yourself with poise and the Spurs have won championships and the Suns have not.

Peace