View Single Post
Old Fri May 18, 2007, 12:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryS
Now who is being silly? This is comparing grapes and watermellons. Our rule states it does not have to be an intentional act to be an intentional foul. Since, as far as I know and please correct me if you have the information, the NBA does not have a written definition of altercation, Stern had a way out...just didn't take it.

Again, JMO...and you aren't going to change it.
I do not think you actually know what terms like “apples and oranges” means. You cannot use the dictionary to show a definition of a word and apply it directly to a sport and the rules. If that was the case there would not be a "Definition" section in just about every rulebook I have ever seen in any sport. The term "try" is not same definition as you would find in a dictionary. So unless you show me how the NBA defines what an altercation is, then not sure you are talking about the same thing. This is why the term “Intentional Foul” does not apply to what we call on the court if you look up the word or terms in dictionary. Very little of what we call an intentional foul is based on what is actually “intentional.” If that was the case every last couple of minutes would result in an “Intentional Foul” when we all know the losing team is trying to foul to extend the game. Even the NF and NCAA have stated this is an acceptable practice.

Also how do you know what the NBA has written? Why don't you show me where in the NBA they do not have a policy? So I guess all this reference of a rule is just made up? Also for the record, this is not a "playing rule." This is a rule set by the league to judge conduct just like a state might have as it relates to how they deal with ejections and eligibility rules. Since you know so much, quote the rule? I have never said I know the wording of the rule, but I can take the word of the Commissioner and other NBA League Officials that consistently talk about how the rule came about and why they suspended the Suns players.

Peace