View Single Post
Old Fri May 18, 2007, 09:52am
Stop staring at me swan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowder
I can see your point ... but BU is 100 feet away, and PU didn't kill the play from 3 feet away. As BU, unless I was POSITIVE the ball hit the batter, I'd be hard pressed to kill the play immediately. I guarantee I'd be asking my partner what he saw when the play ended, as stated above... but the WORST thing we can do is kill a live ball - so I'd err on the side of fixing this one afterward.
Those were my thoughts 100% (except for the fact that at the time, I didn't fix the play)...I was not 100% sure that it hit him from where I was...That being said, I was 99.99999% sure but I did not want to kill a live ball...but PU was 3 feet away from him...we talked about it post game...in hindsight, I probably should've conferred w/ my partner and got it right at the time of the play...thank the baseball gods that it didn't make a difference in the game (no run scored)...but it was weird...I felt like I was the only guy in the park who knew that rule and by saying that, I'm not patting myself on the back...I just expected the defensive coach to come unglued! What am I saying??...that would be implying that all coaches know the rules... This coach is actually a really nice guy though...