View Single Post
Old Fri May 18, 2007, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
If it was truely an AAU event. AAU has insurance and liability over this incident. Couple things different I would have done, or it sounds like it didn't get done. The player doing the fighting is ejected, #name in the book. If you didn't do this, then maybe something might come after you. Did you call the game? The team and the AAU will get sued, not you.

I had one this past weekend, but I was able to see it coming, but I had to work at it to determine. What I mean is that the kids where talking to each other under their breath where we could not hear them. On the F/T lines, they where talking to each other again, but very softly. After one scored on the other, lot of soft talking. The only thing I needed to determine was if this conversation was pleasent or not. It took awhile and I started getting closer to the players to try to hear what was being said. Yea, we got a problem here and my partners didn't even know it. What ended up happening was late in the game, a open court foul, nothing bad here, I got the call. Before I could report, the kid that was foul, kicked the living sh!t out of the player that fouled him, which I ran in with a Flargrant Technical Foul, which the other kid retaliated with a shove of his own, now I got another Flagrant Technical foul, my first, and it was a double. So I ended up with a double flagrant technical foul, both parties ejected.

The story doesn't end. We get back to the game, which ended with no more controversy, but the underneath talking didn't stop. So when the game was over and they all went thru and shook each overs hand, now everybody grouped up and going back to their benches, the talking started again, and it was about to explore. I monitored the handshake, which is something I normally don't do. Afterwards, I immedately jumped into the center of both teams and told them to quite talking to each other, the game is over, go to your benches!!! My partners where on the other side of the court getting ready to leave, they didn't even know and maybe they didn't care. Once I got the teams separated, and everyone was headed towards there benches, backs to each other, I turned it over to the coaches and I got the hell out of there. As I was leaving, I had a couple of parents thank me for my efforts.

O-NO-YOU-DIDN'T, you did not manage your game very well unless you're on a 1 man crew. I don't care if your partners were complete dolts, YOU should have communicated with them to make sure YOUR team was on the same page. You might have talked to the players, they maybe didn't listen so you talked to them again, maybe they listened for a minute but then went back to yackin. How many warnings do they get before you T? How many warnings do you give players before you let your partners in on it? What a joke!