View Single Post
Old Thu May 17, 2007, 06:10pm
Official Forum Member

Just to clear a few things up that was asked. Yes we did call the game. Yes I did eject the player but he knew it was comming before i could even signal it as his coach ushered him out of the gym and out of town in a second. The police neve asked us any questions as I believe they were more concerned it seemed with finding the kid and didnt hang around (or they needed to get to the donut shop). Also my partner and I were both at least 25 feet or more from the incedent and the punches he got off there was no way we could have stopped him from our distance. In fact I was the trail, ball just inbounded and I was following them (player with ball and defender) in the back court with some pressure. Partner was lead moving down court opposite the fight (in front court) and told me he saw nothing until it was over. I only saw one punch but the table said he pounded him 3 times. Maybe I'm a bad ref for not seeing the whole thing but my partner is a Div 2 Ref with many years under his belt and saw nothing.