View Single Post
Old Thu May 17, 2007, 05:04pm
Official Forum Member

Old School...if you honestly think that just because a fight breaks out during a game the officials involved missed something of messed up you are A COMPLETE IDIOT!

Last Saturday I was calling a game and about 4 minutes into the game we have a OOB call and my partner brings in 2 subs into the game. We resumed play and the sub for the team with the ball drives to the hoop and is fouled hard by the player that just came into the game for the defense. The ball handler jumped up and they squared off. My partner and I got there fast and I tossed both players. We called it very tight for the rest of the half and things calmed down. Now, could there have been "bad blood" between those two from something earlier? Yep...but this tournament had games played in 4 different locations using 10 gyms. How in the heck are we to know if something happened an hour ago that ticked one off (that may very well have nothing to do with a game played)? How can you "read the signals" of a pending problem when it happens 5 seconds after the two players enter the game?

Even better question...why did I waste my time typing this?