View Single Post
Old Thu May 17, 2007, 03:38pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Will you ever get it through your rec league-centered brain that it doesn't matter one damn bit what the damn parents or coaches think? We don't officiate for parents or coaches.
You might want to rethink that one. I bet yor assigners care what the coaches think. I also bet that if the coach told your assigner he never wanted you in his gym again, you would not be in that gym again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
The only people that worry about what parents or coaches think are the Old Schools of the world, nor real officials.
Stupid monkeys....
That would be incorrect too. We just had a major rule change to our mechanics because of what the coaches think. Going opposite table to speed the game up because too much dialog between the parties. Seems to me that a lot of people care about what the coaches think since we are spending so much time talking to them that we need a rule change. But that's jmo. What do I know.

I admit, I approach this different. I care about what everybody thinks. I want everybody to have a good time and see a good, well referee'd contest when they come to my events. But again, that's just me. It's not about me when I officiate, it's about the game and the players in the game. I be damn if I let a kid beat another kid to a bloody mess on my court. He might get one or two in, but it won't be too many more than that before I get to them.