Thread: My 1ST Ejection
View Single Post
Old Wed May 16, 2007, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFISTO
Man how things have changed. Last year was my 1st year as a carded Baseball umpire. I have been involved in baseball my whole life I'm 50 now. Last year I did every level 6 year olds to 18 year olds. This year I have only been doing H/S games up until last night. I did a 13&14 year old game and hated every minute of it. First of all the attitude of most of the players and one of the coaches was disgusting. Kids with hats turned around, sloppy dress, ear rings all of which was addressed and fixed. Then in the 3rd inning one of the kids who was the biggeset kid there (man he was bigger than me) got picked off 1st as he was fooling around and got caught. Well he went nuts cursing throwing his helmet SEEYA he's gone. His manager did nothing I mean nothing. I was very disappointed with the whole situation. I know all kids at this age are not like this but it really makes me rethink as to what type of games I will be doing in the future. There I feel better now.
Hopefully you are part of an umpire association. if you are, tell the assignor what happened.

The assignor will make a mental note and whenever these teams play again the assignor will send in the 'A" team meaning 2 old Smitty's who couldn't give a rat's you know what about the game. Just show me the money.

These "Smitty's" would start ejecting right away and go home early. After these teams keep shelling out top dollar for 1 to 2 inning games, maybe they will get the hint.

Pete Booth