View Single Post
Old Wed May 16, 2007, 07:08am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I will admit that when the mechanic first was introduced at the HS level, I thought it would be a lot of back and forth. It did just the opposite. If the coach had something to say he was able to comment with the official standing right next to him who made the call instead of asking an official that did not even see what was called and why.
I believe that is the point. They want this conversation to stop. There is no need to explain every call you make to a coach or to have so much dialog with the coach. They are seeing a trend here that they do not like, and both sides are guilty. The official has his line already prepared before he gets to the table and the coach is expecting some type of response. They want to kill this, IMO. Plus I have heard about speeding up the game. Now don't shoot the messenger but I did not know it was taking longer to play an NCAA game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool
What gets me is this(,) and I got to get use to it. The opposite table official is the one that gets re(dis)placed. So if you are the C or T opposite the table, you administer the F/T's and lose your Cadillac position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I do not even know what this is suppose to mean.
What I was trying to say was the opposite table official is the one that gets displaced or has to rotate out of his/her position in this new system. It takes some getting use too. The Cadillac position is the Center position.