View Single Post
Old Tue May 15, 2007, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Confirmation! 2 times and he's just spouting off, 3 times and it's personal.

If you read what I stated, I believe I did say it was my policy and not the NFHS policy.

There could be reasons for not addressing it like keeping an eye on the action that never stopped. Like, no the kid did not step in the lane too early, get over it because I'm moving on. I'm not entering into a debate with the coach over something so small, or every little thing that happens. I got a game to work here. Plus, another thing I notice you didn't catch. The coach did not ask a question, he made a statement and generally I do not respond to statements. If he would have asked a question like, didn't that player step in the lane too early? This is a completely different set of circumstances.
I agree. A coach that isn't asking a question doesn't need a response. But if they are still complaining after another trip down the floor they need to be T'd or at least told to let it go. There are times when ignoring the issue doesn't solve it and by not addressing the concerns or problems on the second trip you are almost baiting him into the T you give on your "third strike".