View Single Post
Old Mon May 14, 2007, 03:02pm
Official Forum Member

OH WOW - So it's been 20 years since the NF implemented the 3-point shot?

Hard to believe there's so much history from that year. When I played basketball for my grammar school back in 1987-1988, it was the first organized team from the school in many years (not sure how many). My school had a good history of basketball with the creation of a traveling Chinese adult squad back in the 1950's called the "San Francisco Saints".

Thanks to our 8th grade team being formed in 1987-1988, the school revived it's sports program and it's alive (though hardly kicking) in 2007.

As far as the gyms being striped for 3 point shots....I don't think the majority of the gyms I played in 1987-1988 were striped. The only exceptions (and I don't really remember that far) might have been when we played at a Catholic High School for our first regular season game. If the NF implemented the 3 point shot back in 1987-1988, I would presume the high school gym would have been striped properly.

Also, we played a CYO game at historic Kezar Pavilion where the SF Warriors played for a few seasons. Obviously, Kezar was striped since an NBA team played there and perhaps local high school squads as well during that time.

However, I definitely remember that bu 1989-1990 season that the CYO gyms were striped for three point shots.